All Records are being displayed.
Remembering March 24
Births, Birthdays, Deaths, Holidays, & Events
- 1765 - Great Britain passes the Quartering Act, which requires the Thirteen Colonies to house British troops. [MORE]
- 1900 - Mayor of New York City Robert Anderson Van Wyck breaks ground for a new underground "Rapid Transit Railroad" that would link Manhattan and Brooklyn. [MORE]
- 1930 - Steve McQueen (American actor and producer) - died 11/7/1980 at age 50 [MORE]
- 1944 - World War II: In an event later dramatized in the movie The Great Escape, 76 Allied prisoners of war begin breaking out of the German camp Stalag Luft III. [MORE]
- 1958 - Rock 'n' roll teen idol Elvis Presley is drafted in the U.S. Army.
- 1989 - In Prince William Sound in Alaska, the Exxon Valdez spills 240,000 barrels (38,000 m3) of crude oil after running aground. [MORE]
- 1999 - Michael & Madeline see Chicago in concert at Spotlight 29
- 2010 - Robert Culp (American actor) - at age 79 [MORE]
- 2018 - In over 900 cities internationally, people participate in demonstrations against gun violence and mass shootings, calling for stronger gun control in the "March for Our Lives". [MORE]